Saturday, September 03, 2005
Blink
It'll be my last full day in Singapore tmr! I won't be back till december. Hopefully. God-willing. Oh man... gotta gear myself up mentally to go back. Haha. I've so easily accustomed myself back to the old lifestyle before i went to Canada, now i have to slow down those gears to suit the slow 30 mile per hour simple life of a Canadian highschooler.
Dude, where's my car is on TV now. I feel as if one more year in canada and i'll become just like jesse. only i won't have a car to lose.
Anyway, yes. You know, the moment i arrived at changi airport 2 and a half months ago and the gang picked me. I knew i was in for the fasted 2 and a half months of my life. True enough. It went as fast as *blink*. That.
I just wanna set one thing straight, for the record. Life in Canada for me is fun. No doubt. But, it pales(greatly) in comparison to life in singapore. For me. I mean.. it's not that singapore is such great fun, but it's just the people. Sigh. I mean, no sigh. Thank God for such great friends in singapore in church, that i'll miss singapore soo so much in spite of the fun i have in Canada.
I'm going to miss laksa.
Again.
Can't wait for tomorrow! The guys are playing basketball after service again.. ohhh .. it's so fun playing with them. I don't know... there's somethign about playing basketball with the guys. It's just such a great way to connect to each other. I pray that it doesn't rain tomorrow...
Oh oh my mom got this PHOTOGRAPHER to come over to my place this mornign to take family photos of us. Man... at first i thought it was gonna be like a family portrait, a piece of cake. All you need to do is gel your hair and smile. But noo.. we took candid shots! Well kinda candid. We had to pretend to do stuff. Haha. So we'd all sit at a round table and PRETEND to have breakfast, by PRETENDING to drink tea from a tea cup, and PRETEND to laugh and joke. All this while the photographer is happily snapping away. That's just stage 1.
Stage 2. I had to play the violin, piano and guitar, while the rest PRETENDED to enjoy the music. Okay maybe not pretend... but ... yah. Hehe. It wasn't easy i tell you! So now we're waiting for the photographer to print the photos. Hope they turn out good... after all the pretending we did.
I wanted to share this verse during cell group but i couldn't find it... so since i won't be able to share it at cg till december, i'll share it with you guys.
Psalm 34:22,"The Lord redeems the soul of His servants, and non of those who trust in Him shall be condemned."